Some of the most compelling features of Google Earth include:
- Advanced Measurements: Measure parking lots and land developments with polygon area measure, or determine affected radius with circle measure.
- High-resolution printing: Print Images up to 4800×3200 px resolution.
- Exclusive Pro data layers: Demographics, parcels, and traffic count.
- Spreadsheet Import: Ingest up to 2500 addresses at a time, assigning placemarks and style templates in bulk.
- GIS import: Visualize ESRI shapefiles (.shp) and MapInfo (.tab) files.
- Movie-Maker: Export Windows Media and Quicktime HD movies, up to 1920×1080 resolution.
Google Earth Pro brings advanced business tools in addition to all the easy-to-use features and imagery of Google Earth:
- Compute distances and areas using measurement tools
- Use Movie Maker to produce media collateral
- Print high-resolution images for presentations and reports
- Import large vector image files to quickly map GIS data
- Map addresses with the Spreadsheet Importer
Google Earth Pro
- Businesses, governments, and professional users from around the world use Google Earth Pro data visualization, site planning and information sharing tools.
- Get Productive
- With the advanced measuring and drawing tools in Google Earth Pro, you can plan, measure and visualize a site without even leaving your desk.
- Make better decisions
- Visualize your own information in Google Earth Pro alongside exclusive data layers such as land parcel, demographics, and historical traffic data.
- Share with others
- Create videos in Google Earth Pro that can be shared with stakeholders and customers, providing a unique perspective for any location-based project.
View exotic locales like Maui and Paris as well as points of interest such as local restaurants, hospitals, schools, and more.
Want to know more about a specific location? Dive right in — Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world’s geographic information at your fingertips.
Here are some key features of “Google Earth”:
- Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in.
- Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
- Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
- Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations.
View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, galaxies far in space, and the deepest depths of the ocean — right from the desktop.
Google Earth Pro
Google Earth Pro includes the same easy-to-use features and imagery of Google Earth, but with additional professional tools designed specifically for business users.
Features in both:
- Print images
- In Google Earth screen resolution only. In Google Earth Pro premium high-resolution images.
- Import GIS Images
- In Google Earth manually geo-located. In Google Earth Pro automatically geo-located.
- Import large image files
- In Google Earth up to max texture size. In Google Earth Pro more than max texture size.
Google Earth Pro features not found in Google Earth:
- Regional large datasets
- Batch geocode addresses
- Import GIS data
- Access demographic, parcel & traffic data layers
- Create premium movies
- Measure area of a polygon or circle
- Map multiple points at once
- Viewshed tool
- Map making tool
- Places panel: multiple-item selection, moving, deletion; performance improvements.
- Network security updates and fixes; improved certificate support.
- CSV import improvements: support older Mac file formats, multi-line text fields.
- Ground overlay editor: fix the glitchy rotation, rotation handle positioning.
- Print preview: fixed mouse-wheel zooming, display refresh problems.
- International languages: fix missing translations, keyboard shortcuts, UI elements.
- Tables tool: improved stability, layout, data synchronization.
- Tour Guide is hidden by default, reflecting Earth Pro use case.
- Windows: allow Earth to run concurrently in multiple user sessions.
- Windows: improved appearance on high-resolution monitors.
- Windows 64-bit fixes joystick support; crash when hiding 3D buildings; COM application (e.g. Garmin BaseCamp) interface.
- Windows: support for SSL client authentication with secure servers
- Windows: stability improvements in DirectX mode
- Linux: added support for printing, embedded video, and sounds
- Performance improvements with large KML files
- Improved support for secure connections and handling of certificate errors
- Polygons spanning the antimeridian no longer sometimes disappear
- CSV import tool user interface fixes and better Unicode support
- Repair Tool improvements
- Elevation Profile tool measurements are now more consistent
- Better translations throughout the user interface
- GPS device live mode functionality restored
- Fixed incompatibility with high-refresh-rate displays